• ISO 2500
_G7A9887-Enhanced-NR-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 420.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1250

Due to the abysmally bad weather here in Derbyshire over the last few months, I have confined myself to shooting from my office window. I have various perches set up near the feeders. It has worked pretty well. A few images from the winter months.

View attachment 25612
The ever watchful Starling

View attachment 25613 NuthatchView attachment 25614
One of a pair of feisty Robins
Hi David,

A terrific series of shots of beautiful creatures - the robin is (just) our favourite. Garden/ office feeders/ perches are a great idea for capturing local wildlife.

(We were last up your way - Castleton - back in December. We got absolutely drenched. 😅 ).

Keep up the great work - and faith - summer is fast approaching! Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi Only RF,

Fantastic captures of beautiful creatures - the shot of the cormorant is absolutely stunning (well done!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thanks I got lucky. That's at the end of a pretty slow day.

This morning's 'can I rescue a lost cause?' coffee-break processing workout.

(s/w: DxO PhotoLab Elite and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 Panels).

Phil

1. As shot - tiger cub lurking in shade, with unhelpful enclosure foliage and fencing (I reached over as far as I could without falling in... :oops:).

RF-SE-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 4000

2. After - what a little cutie... (Don't look too close... 😅).

RF-SE-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 428.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 4000

Last edited:
I was not going to post this one. Pushed cropping a bit. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. No two files are alike.
View attachment 25630
Hi Only RF,

The R series cameras have incredible crop-ability, but as you say, everything will have its limits - eventually... :)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back