Your R System Images - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another graffiti wall from the streets of Providence. This is a six-image stitched result that took a while to merge and correct due to the short distance from the wall on the narrow street. Multiple artists collaborated on creating this dragon. The camera is an R7, 18-150 mm RF-S lens, stitched in Photoshop, and perspective and distortion corrected using mainly the Adaptive Wide Angle filter with a little help from the Liquify filter.

View attachment 17564
Hi Cernal,

Another very eye-catching and engrossing image, very well caught and beautifully processed! Thank you for sharing it... :)

P&K

If there are any bass players out there, you may know about the Phillip Kubicki ExFactor bass guitars. They are unique. I’ve owned one for over 30 years, have no intention of letting it go and while I don’t play as often as I once did, still enjoy playing it. I needed a leading lines photo for 52 Frames this week, decided to use this bass, and did not want to do the obligatory looking down the guitar strings photo. I wanted to include the Factor logo so setup an off-camera flash and had some fun in Lightroom Classic. I like the depth and shadowing of the photo. The logo seems to pop off the guitar. This one was fun to make. Thanks for hanging around and taking a look.
View attachment 17580
Hi Tony,

A wonderful image. The control of light and shadow is just right and mixes beautifully with the rich colours and slick design of the subject to produce a very eye-catching composition. Well done! :)

P&K

A re-edit of a flower spotted in a front garden during our early morning walk on Friday morning.

(Shot raw and - creatively - processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil

RF-S-BW-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 2500

Hi David,

I've made 'I brought the wrong lens' into an art form, so I feel your pain. However, this time you came away with a fine image and some useful local knowledge - so well done!

A fascinating looking creature - thank you for sharing... :)

Phil
Thank you.

Arrrh! I brought the wrong lens. Went on a nearby hike today, one that I've done many times over the past 20 years. I never see anything other than a few small birds in the bush, so I decided I'd just take the 14-35 and take some shots at the top of the mountain. Of course, today would be the day I spot an elusive Japanese serow (カモシカ kamoshika). It was down in the bushes, so I didn't get a good shot. But now I know one lives in this particular area, so I have a challenge this summer.
I was at Navajo Bridge in Page, AZ. I known area for the rare California Condor. And we saw a couple. I was using my 100-400. It was midday. The birds weren’t doing much. So I switched to my 24-240 to take some shots of the river, canyon, and bridge.

Just then a condor comes gliding in. I’m on aperture priority, slow shutter speed, wrong lens. Just a total missed opportunity. But as you say, at least you have record that it’s there now.

Took my macro lens to a local rose garden, and I've been trying my hand at getting a little more creative with the edit in post - I use Lightroom and honestly it's easy to rely on the "auto" button! So I tried pushing my comfort zone a little
0D7A4173-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 70.0-300.0 mm
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

Hi Only RF,

One after our own heart - we do like getting in close and filling the frame with interest (and there's plenty of that on offer here!). The B&W treatment works very well too.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Took my macro lens to a local rose garden, and I've been trying my hand at getting a little more creative with the edit in post - I use Lightroom and honestly it's easy to rely on the "auto" button! So I tried pushing my comfort zone a littleView attachment 17603
Hi Cxizent,

We really like photographing plants and flowers - so much scope for interesting outcomes and plenty of opportunity to push things around in post (and get creative if time permits).

We found this an interesting composition which draws the viewer in as areas of light/ shade and detail/ creamy blur compete for our attention.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back