Your R System Images - June 2024

Catching up with some photos from last month, starting with a couple of male American goldfinches. The first fellow is puffing his beautiful breeding plumage, which has grown in nicely.
View attachment 29225

This second male goldfinch is far behind in the plumage race and will probably not catch up fully, as many males maintain a grey back of the head through the summer. I imagine that this limits his breeding opportunities but can't say for certain.
View attachment 29226

A male Baltimore oriole in our backyard. These are beautiful birds that we attract by putting out orange slices or grape jam.
View attachment 29227

This male red-breasted woodpecker is the king of the feeder food chain. This somewhat deceptively-named bird (the "red" in the name is the slightly reddish-orange tint you can see on his lower front) is not intimidated by any bird short of a hawk. This guy (and the females too) intimidate blue jays, grackles, starlings, and even the very aggressive red-winged blackbird: nobody want to mess with a bill and skull structure that easily penetrates solid wood!
View attachment 29228

This is a double-crested cormorant that I photographed swimming in the Cape Cod Canal. The late afternoon sun lit his face and his very cool-looking eye. I still have to process a set of photos where he was catching and eating an eel.
View attachment 29229
Hi Don,

A stunning set of nailed on images, all beautifully captured (but the sublime woodpecker shot steals the show).

Well done - and thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

My wife and I visited Napa Valley yesterday to pick up our daughter's dog. I managed to get out and take a few photos in Geyserville, but the location really deserves 2 days instead of 2 hours.

View attachment 29235
Hi Steven,

Well seen and beautifully captured (the leading lines drawing the viewer towards the characterful and mysterious building). The B&W treatment is perfect.

(Of course, the moment you mentioned the Napa Valley, our thoughts were inevitably drawn to the movie 'Bottleshock'... :cool: ).

Thank you for sharing - and cheers!... 🥂:)

P&K

To finish the month off I went back to see my buddies with at different body. Last week I had near perfect rare light. A thin veil of cloud just enough to soften and get rid of shadows and yet have some glow. Hard light yesterday.

View attachment 29342
Hi Only RF,

A spectacular way to conclude this month's thread, with a superb capture of a wonderful creature.

Terrific subject pose and feather detail with a pleasing and dynamic backdrop.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

*** Your R System Images - June 2024 *** Thread Closed…

A fantastic collection of inspirational R System images this month - posted by people all around the world and viewed by people all around the world - we’ve enjoyed seeing them all. A HUGE ‘thank you’ to the contributors and commentators - your talents and time are appreciated!!

You can continue to post any comments here, but the July thread is now open for all new images (including any additional June material).

Phil and Karen 🏴

Hi Peter,

A heart-warming image of a very proud family. The B&W treatment is perfect.

P&K
thank you kind comments like to know im on the right track as a beginner hobbyist

Hi Only RF,

A spectacular way to conclude this month's thread, with a superb capture of a wonderful creature.

Terrific subject pose and feather detail with a pleasing and dynamic backdrop.

P&K
Thanks. I just noticed that blurry lump on its back. I went through a few more frames and it’s a rock on the shoreline lol. What timing.

Thanks. I just noticed that blurry lump on its back. I went through a few more frames and it’s a rock on the shoreline lol. What timing.
Hi Only RF,

I hadn't noticed that either until you mentioned it - now, of course, I can't un-see it... :)

(I wonder what the PS/ LrC healing tools would do with it - still a great image though!).

Phil

Hi Only RF,

I hadn't noticed that either until you mentioned it - now, of course, I can't un-see it... :)

(I wonder what the PS/ LrC healing tools would do with it - still a great image though!).

Phil
Same thing for me. I could remove it but I already posted it. Not that critical if it needs to be pointed out.

Some swallows (ツバメ tsubame). Mom and the chicks.
View attachment 29379View attachment 29380
Hi David,

What a bunch of absolute little cuties - well seen and beautifully caught.

You may wish to consider re-posting this into the latest (July) thread as these wonderful images deserve to get the maximum number of views.

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back