Your R System Images - November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
razor sharp series

Another frame with the help of randomness and luck. Multiple exposures in one frame, post-processed
105A2284-86.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 29.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 125
for tonal and color structure.

Lake Winnipeg is the 12th largest in the world. Freeze up started and then the water level dropped.

_M3A2893.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 72.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 100
_M3A2909.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 67.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 125
_M3A2902.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 200

Another frame with the help of randomness and luck. Multiple exposures in one frame, post-processedView attachment 22466 for tonal and color structure.
Hi Cemal,

Another riot of colour and eye-contorting textures.

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Hi Only RF,

Suddenly we're not feeling so bad about the (relatively) low temperatures here this morning!

A spectacular sight - the B&W treatment works particularly well... :)

P&K

Thanks. I have Topaz B&W effects but I stopped using them. I have considered others but even with Topaz I could never decide what to pick. I found some videos on how use LrC and while keeping Ansel Adams in mind as best as I can I just go nuts with B&W mix panel and Linear/Radial masking. Sometimes I have up 50 masks but did not for these.

In the spring I'll take some shots from the wind pushing the ice towards the shore and breaking up resulting in sometimes 20 ft high pile ups. It is also a very shallow lake with moving sandbars. Our friends a sailboat with a fixed keel and were always worried about hitting a sandbar in big swells. They have rescued stuck people more than once. They sold that boat :)

As for cold these were on a river. -32 Celsius and that not include the North wind that day. It gets crispy up here.

Attachments

• _MG_7717.jpg
    _MG_7717.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
Thanks. I have Topaz B&W effects but I stopped using them. I have considered others but even with Topaz I could never decide what to pick. I found some videos on how use LrC and while keeping Ansel Adams in mind as best as I can I just go nuts with B&W mix panel and Linear/Radial masking. Sometimes I have up 50 masks but did not for these.
Hi Only RF,

Everyone has their own workflow and I always find it very interesting to read how people have gone about things.

LrC has some excellent B&W capabilities which I'll sometimes use, but more often I'll veer off into DxO Nik Collection and/ or FilmPack - whichever route I head off down the permutations (as you note) are almost infinite and I tend to end up in a 'yes-no' comparison game on which option I prefer.

This process usually cements the foundations of one of my favourite sayings - an image is never finished, you just stop fiddling around with it... :)

Phil

Last edited:
Hi Only RF,

Everyone has their own workflow and I always find it very interesting to read how people have gone about things.

LrC has some excellent B&W capabilities which I'll sometimes use, but more often I'll veer off into DxO Nick Collection and/ or FilmPack - whichever route I head off down the permutations (as you note) are almost infinite and I tend to end up in a 'yes-no' comparison game on which option I prefer.

This process usually cements the foundations of one of my favourite sayings - an image is never finished, you just stop fiddling around with it... :)

Phil
I knew you used something and tried to find it. NIK and FlimPak. I've seen some nice stuff from those.

In the spring I'll take some shots from the wind pushing the ice towards the shore and breaking up resulting in sometimes 20 ft high pile ups. It is also a very shallow lake with moving sandbars. Our friends a sailboat with a fixed keel and were always worried about hitting a sandbar in big swells. They have rescued stuck people more than once. They sold that boat :)

As for cold these were on a river. -32 Celsius and that not include the North wind that day. It gets crispy up here.
Crikey. In England there's a tendency for the entire road network to descend into chaos once we have to scrape the car window in the morning...

(The Welsh and Scots are made of sturdier stuff!).

:LOL:

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back