Your R System Images - June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t gotten home yet. Used the in camera raw processing on the following. The first is Desert View Watchtower at Grand Canyon National Park with a well timed (but fast moving) Raven in frame. The second is Horseshoe Bend. As I’m typically limited to travel during family vacation time, I could not be there during sunset, which many try for. But we were blessed with light in the Canyon and distant rain showers creating an amazing scene. Looking forward to getting home and playing with the light and shadows to do the scene justice.

View attachment 17269
View attachment 17270

Another view point along the rim trail. Experimenting with the in camera raw processing again.

View attachment 17273
Hi Stephen,

Looks to us like you're having a lot of fun, both with your trip and experimenting with the tech. Three very eye-catching images of stunning places set amid a devastatingly expansive landscape.

(Very interesting in-camera processing too, but we imagine you're aching to get these into your normal processing software).

Thank you for sharing - very inspirational... :)

P&K

Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, AZ. Focus was intentional on the foreground flower. An f/2.8 would have been nice here, but the 24-240 is so great for travel.

View attachment 17275
Hi Stephen,

A clever piece of composition which has the viewer double-taking, scanning, then finding the subject and finally re-evaluating the entire scene to produce an 'ahhh...' moment. (Well, that's how it struck us!). Nice... :)

P&K

That's a cracking shot of the dragonfly. I've spent many happy - and frustrating - hours by our garden pond struggling to get a shot that good. I have found that if you're patient and watchful, some of them will fly repeated patterns with pauses in the same spots, so you can line things up. Doesn't always work, and not all species will do it all the time, but it does help. If I'm honest (and don't tell SWMBO) it's one of the main reasons I traded in the RF 600 f11 against the RF100-500, to get the closer focussing.

Here's one from last summer (Procordulia grayi - yellow-spotted dragonfly - NZ native):

View attachment 17277
Hi Gareth,

That's a cracking shot - great capture! Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

From our outing to find and enjoy public art in Providence, RI. There is a new post coming on my site on Thursday with more photographs of public art. This one is Night Flight by Lauren Ys, on A St. (Yes, the name of the street is A.)

Attachments

• 105A0308-Pano.jpg
    105A0308-Pano.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 25
Rented a lens and had some fun last weekend - now to check behind the sofa to see if there's enough hidden change to buy one for myself!

E4C095CE-B3A0-4F73-800F-1505A9790525.jpeg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 400
E5D1EC69-991E-4777-B294-01F63BE94F4F.jpeg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 500
2A919135-1796-46F1-AB7B-400FA5604DCC.jpeg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100
ABA92ADA-4A65-4793-8C42-59ED4F6E10CA.jpeg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • 472.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

From our outing to find and enjoy public art in Providence, RI. There is a new post coming on my site on Thursday with more photographs of public art. This one is Night Flight by Lauren Ys, on A St. (Yes, the name of the street is A.)
Hi Cernal,

Fantastic! A truly wonderful piece of art, but an equally wonderful capture. Love the street name too (is there a 'B' Street?). Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K

Rented a lens and had some fun last weekend - now to check behind the sofa to see if there's enough hidden change to buy one for myself!

View attachment 17301View attachment 17302View attachment 17303View attachment 17304
Hi Elaine,

A terrific set of shots of beautiful creatures - you've done very well to jump straight in with a rental lens and return with these fine captures. A very difficult choice, but number 4 just takes it as our favourite.

(Good luck with your hunt behind the sofa - we love the RF 100-500! :D).

P&K

A couple of shots from this morning's early wood walk in Hartshill Country Park, Warwickshire, England. Following another torrential rain storm last night (to put it mildly), some pleasing angel beams were manifesting...

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop and Topaz Studio 2).

Phil

RF-S-Wk-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 4000

RF-S-Wk-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 111.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 6400

Last edited:
Hi Cernal,

Fantastic! A truly wonderful piece of art, but an equally wonderful capture. Love the street name too (is there a 'B' Street?). Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank you. Yes, around the corner is B St.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back