Your R System Images - March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nick,

A terrific capture of a beautiful creature - such wonderful markings. Excellent fine feather detail and eye catch-light in evidence. (And what a little cutie!).

Thank you for sharing... :)

P&K
Thank god for Adobe AI noise reduction, it certainly does an outstanding job, I never really worry about high ISO anymore.

_73A8982-Enhanced-NR-Edit.JPG

My feeding station has been especially busy these last few days, with constant activity and lots of visitors, I guess it was this that attracted my latest visitor. Just caught a little commotion out of the corner of my eye, there was one of the resident wood pigeons sat on the feeder, not 10 feet away from it was the Sparrowhawk. It gave it the eye for about a minute, then swooped off.
_73A9035-Enhanced-NR-Edit.JPG

My feeding station has been especially busy these last few days, with constant activity and lots of visitors, I guess it was this that attracted my latest visitor. Just caught a little commotion out of the corner of my eye, there was one of the resident wood pigeons sat on the feeder, not 10 feet away from it was the Sparrowhawk. It gave it the eye for about a minute, then swooped off. View attachment 26304
Yes it has been a real boost. Nice exposure to that first bird. Blacks can be tough. Second one too.

Yes it has been a real boost. Nice exposure to that first bird. Blacks can be tough. Second one too.
I forgot to say. I just finished working on the file I posted just after your post. Bad weather the last few days so I was going through some older captures. Phil is not the only one having bad weather. He may be sending it our way. Big fans? :p

Forests around the Monchique area in Portugal. Due to droughts they have were battling huge devastating forest fires several years ago. Acres of Eucalyptus trees which are full of oil. Once a combustible starts it is hard to put out.

We drove through these areas before the fires and could not believe the devastation. The bald areas in the valley are burnt out areas.

_M3A5298.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 160

They did quite a clean cup in some areas. We drove through one many spots with bark left along the highways.

_M3A5284.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6m2
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 160

Black woodpecker at work
IMG_2406-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • RF100-400mm F5.6-8 IS USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 320

and classic standards woodpecker and tit

IMG_2440-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 3200

IMG_2275-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 500

Last edited:
Spring is here in SE Texas and the wildflowers are starting to bloom, especially our state flower, the Bluebonnet.

View attachment 26285

View attachment 26286

View attachment 26287

View attachment 26288
Hi Chris,

A fascinating series of images to showcase the arrival of spring (we're only |<----- this much ----->| jealous! :cool: ).

Along with the many pleasures this heralds (including the lack of mud), there's plenty here to interest the viewer.

P&K

Forests around the Monchique area in Portugal. Due to droughts they have were battling huge devastating forest fires several years ago. Acres of Eucalyptus trees which are full of oil. Once a combustible starts it is hard to put out.

We drove through these areas before the fires and could not believe the devastation. The bald areas in the valley are burnt out areas.

View attachment 26321

They did quite a clean cup in some areas. We drove through one many spots with bark left along the highways.

View attachment 26322
Hi Only RF,

Fascinating images (love the B&W treatment) with a somewhat sobering back story - hopefully a tale of destruction leading to new life emerging.

P&K

Thank god for Adobe AI noise reduction, it certainly does an outstanding job, I never really worry about high ISO anymore.

View attachment 26300
Hi Nick,

Terrific image - wonderful subject pose (including the all important eye detail) and isolation.

We certainly live in an age where there's a fantastic choice of superb NR.

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back