PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you have fun making wonderful images this month!

Stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images (stills/ movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about them in terms of the subject, settings, or post-processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting them. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing).

Images posted here will also be available to view in a dedicated Monthly R System Images Galley, which can be found by clicking Here.

Commenting on other people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We’ll aim to provide some feedback too - but please note we are away for part of each month and busy with ‘life stuff’. The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

*** We are on a trip from early-ish to mid-September with limited/ no connectivity - so apologies, but we won't be able to provide any feedback while we're away. ***

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Some images from our visit to the Imperial War Museum Duxford, Cambridgeshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PhotoLab Elite, Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop with TK-9 and Topaz Labs Photo AI).

You can find out more about IWM Duxford and the other IW Museums by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Fairey Swordfish Mk III (this Swordfish was equipped with radar) and the British Aircraft Corporation TSR2 (Tactical Strike Reconnaissance Mach 2) - a prototype which was shot down by the British Government in 1965.

RF-S-DX-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 6400

2. English Electric Lightning (Mach 2.27). This aircraft was the second production Lightning. In 1966 an RAF Engineer (’Taff’ Holden) accidentally flew it after inadvertently activating the afterburners during a ground test. (He was able to land it safely!).

RF-S-DX-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. B.O.A.C. Comet - the world’s first jetliner, it made its maiden flight in 1948, but was grounded after 3 crashes during the first 2 years of service. The investigation revealed a hitherto unknown problem - metal fatigue. This aircraft, a ‘fixed’ Comet 4, flew the first non-stop Atlantic passenger service in 1958.
RF-S-DX-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. A pre-production Concorde, Number 101 (Mach 2.23). The maiden flight in December 1971 included 130,000kg of test equipment to assess various aspects of its structure and performance and had a crew of 6 - pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer and 3 flight test observers.

RF-S-DX-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 65.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 6400

5. On the day of our visit people were enjoying flights in two modified 2-seater Supermarine Spitfires and a de Havilland Dragon Rapide.

RF-S-DX-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

6. The American Air Museum - ‘a story of two nations united through war, loss, love and duty’.

RF-S-DX-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 76.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 800

Last edited:
Cool captures

A couple of gets that I am finally processing from the last couple of weeks. A Green Heron fishing and a Ruby-throated Humming Bird
heronsnatchSmall.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 800

HummingbridDisplaySM.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF500mm f/4L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1000

The beginning of spring * …

Melaleuca viminalis
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 10000

Melaleuca viminalis

At the very end of winter we had twenty or thirty millimetres of rain. It was just sufficient to perk up a few of the native plants in our garden, including this bottlebrush.

* In Australia, the seasons are deemed to start on the first day of the equinox and solstice months; thus, the first day of September is the first day of spring.​

The beginning of spring * …

View attachment 19410
Melaleuca viminalis

At the very end of winter we had twenty or thirty millimetres of rain. It was just sufficient to perk up a few of the native plants in our garden, including this bottlebrush.

* In Australia, the seasons are deemed to start on the first day of the equinox and solstice months; thus, the first day of September is the first day of spring.​

Hi David,

A very zingy image and hopefully the start of a warm and colourful spring for you over there. Interesting to read about reversal of seasons too.

By comparison, whichever day 'spring' starts here in Britain, autumn starts the very next day (both are usually heralded by the onset of rain)... :LOL:

P&K

Bee happy…

(I'm over the rainbow.)

Xanthorrhoea, Rainbow Lorikeet, Honey Bee
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 2500

Grass Tree Flower Spike (Xanthorrhoea glauca)
Rainbow Lorikeet (
Trichoglossus moluccanus)
Common Honey Bee

There was no need to leave the house to take this photo: just plant a xanthorrhoea beside the deck and wait a few decades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back