Babies
202306_CR7_6190-CR3 -1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 12800

My daughters are going to be ooh'ing over this one. Orange kittens are their fav.

Hi Frank,

A wonderful capture of two beautiful creatures - got to be hot contenders for cuties of the month… :D

Thank you for sharing…

P&K
Thanks!
I loved this shot. They are feral so this is a pure example of being in the right place at the right moment.

Images from a recent visit to Brecon, Powys, Wales.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

You can find out more about Brecon Cathedral by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Brecon Cathedral Church of St John the Evangelist began as a Benedictine Priory in 1093. It is a breathtakingly delightful place - and photography is actively encouraged!

Brecon-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 37.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 2500

2. It was built by the Normans on the site of an earlier Celtic church. At the dissolution of the monasteries in 1537 it became Brecon’s Parish Church, and was eventually designated as a Cathedral in 1923.

Brecon-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 67.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 200

3. There is a wealth of history waiting to be uncovered within. (You may recall Welsh archers met at Tretower Castle before heading off to fight alongside King Henry V).

Brecon-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 58.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. Talybont Dam and Reservoir (which we cycled to and around - the climb up the hill on the far side was a never-ending, leg killing, gradual grind, but on the plus side what a descent!!! :D). Construction of the dam began in 1931.

Brecon-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

5. The site of the Pen-y-Crug Iron Age Hillfort, just outside of - and overlooking - Brecon. The fort was defended by a series of ditches which are still in clear evidence today. ‘The Crug’ hill is 331 metes in height.

Brecon-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 58.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

(Sources: Brecon Cathedral, WIKIPEDIA)

Last edited:
Another amazing set. Keep them coming.

Another amazing set. Keep them coming.
Hi Mike,

Cheers - appreciated!

We have the next 3 sets already lined up (all from Wales) - we hope you like derelict castles... :D

P&K

Wow - gorgeous things to wake up to - it's 5:45 AM here the Pacific Northwest - hope you're having a good day!
Hi Bob,

Not sure who you're replying to (without a quote included) - and those cats are VERY cute! - but on behalf of everyone it could be, Cheers - appreciated! :)

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back