Your R System Images - April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
One from last weekend - taken in Sheringham Park, Norfolk, England - A Marriage Made in the Heavens?

A 'marriage' of a tree line shot and an interesting sky (interesting photographic merits, not likelihood of remaining dry merits - although, in the end, we did!).

I like the effect, but would have preferred it if a hot air balloon with someone dangling beneath it had floated across the scene - I guess you can't always have everything... 😅

(Shot raw and processed using: Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop - including the TK8 Panel and Topaz DeNoise AI/ Studio 2).

Phil

RF-SE-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 42.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 160

Last edited:
Just back from most of a week with family in NZ's capital, Wellington. We took the opportunity to take grandson to a predator-free nature reserve - Zealandia - which has seen an amazing recovery in the local birdlife over the last ten years our more. Here are a couple of Kaka (Nestor meridionalis), posing for the camera:

021A9248.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 1250

021A9250.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 8000

The Zealandia population of these very noisy parrots has been so successful that they're now a common sight around the leafier parts of the city.

The final pic is of a takahe (Porphyrio hochstetteri), a nationally endangered species, but they're clearly happy in their Wellington lodgings - tame enough to wander up to picnic tables and demand a feed.

021A9218.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

The reserve also has a population of tuatara, a large lizard which can only thrive where there are no introduced predators - mostly offshore islands. They can be seen on a sunny, wooded bank whenever photographers aren't around.

Last edited:
Just back from most of a week with family in NZ's capital, Wellington. We took the opportunity to take grandson to a predator-free nature reserve - Zealandia - which has seen an amazing recovery in the local birdlife over the last ten years our more. Here are a couple of Kaka (Nestor meridionalis), posing for the camera:

View attachment 15389

View attachment 15390

The Zealandia population of these very noisy parrots has been so successful that they're now a common sight around the leafier parts of the city.

The final pic is of a takahe (Porphyrio hochstetteri), a nationally endangered species, but they're clearly happy in their Wellington lodgings - tame enough to wander up to picnic tables and demand a feed.

View attachment 15391

The reserve also has a population of tuatara, a large lizard which can only thrive where there are no introduced predators - mostly offshore islands. They can be seen on a sunny, wooded bank whenever photographers aren't around.
Hi Gareth,

Looks like you had plenty of fun capturing these wonderful creatures (those names are interesting and fun in themselves).

Thank you for sharing,

P&P

Three images from our visit to Norfolk last weekend - despite the forecast suggesting a good drenching was to be expected, we ended up basking in warm(ish) sunshine eating fish and chips by the sea. Result! :)

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil and Karen

1. The beach at West Runton - Mean and moody...
RF-S-WR-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

2. Sheringham Park - Drawn ever deeper into the mysterious depths...
RF-S-WR-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. Cromer Pier - For those that know of it, the setting for the dramatic climax to the comedy movie 'Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa' (aka 'Alan Partridge')...
RF-S-WR-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 250

Last edited:
Three images from our visit to Norfolk last weekend - despite the forecast suggesting a good drenching was to be expected, we ended up basking in warm(ish) sunshine eating fish and chips by the sea. Result! :)

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Nik Collection, Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop and Topaz Labs Studio 2).

Phil and Karen

1. The beach at West Runton - Mean and moody...
View attachment 15399

2. Sheringham Park - Drawn ever deeper into the mysterious depths...
View attachment 15400

3. Cromer Pier - For those that know of it, the setting for the dramatic climax to the comedy movie 'Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa' (aka 'Alan Partridge')...
View attachment 15401
I like the B&W symmetry of the pier

This Yellow-rumped warbler was a Spring visitor to our backyard and feeder this weekend. We see them when birding in woods, but we have not seen these warblers come to feeders except during Spring migration.

It was a cloudy day and I used a relatively high ISO of 3200, so I tried the new AI denoising in Lightroom Classic. Overall I like how it is working. I also have DxO PL5 for noise reduction, but having an effective denoise feature in LR simplifies my workflow and, at least for me, quickens it substantially as the processing time is slightly shorter than DxO but there is no "handoff delay" going from DxO back to LR, which for me takes a substantial time for the DxO generated DNG to sync into the LR catalog.
20230429_4664_NR-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 3200

20230429_4699_NR-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 3200

I like the B&W symmetry of the pier
Hi Don,

Pleased you like it. When I looked through the EVF to compose the shot I did think ‘hmmm, that’s screaming B&W’.

Phil

This Yellow-rumped warbler was a Spring visitor to our backyard and feeder this weekend. We see them when birding in woods, but we have not seen these warblers come to feeders except during Spring migration.

It was a cloudy day and I used a relatively high ISO of 3200, so I tried the new AI denoising in Lightroom Classic. Overall I like how it is working. I also have DxO PL5 for noise reduction, but having an effective denoise feature in LR simplifies my workflow and, at least for me, quickens it substantially as the processing time is slightly shorter than DxO but there is no "handoff delay" going from DxO back to LR, which for me takes a substantial time for the DxO generated DNG to sync into the LR catalog.
View attachment 15451
View attachment 15452
Hi Don,

Great captures of a beautiful creature - terrific fine feather detail - thank you for sharing!

P&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back