Your R System Images - April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fun, macro abstracts were the theme. Now I have a bunch of things I want to buy, including stained glass, colored gels, and of all things, milk crates.
Hi Hali,

I think your images will certainly get others thinking…

A good thing - and part of the rationale for this thread. :)

Phil

Just revisited an old photo of mine, actually one of the first shots I took with my new EOS R6 MK1 back in November, 2021 of a Ferrari sports car in the showroom through the window when I bought this camera. Re-processed again from RAW today and here it is. Please enjoy, comments are also more than welcome. Cheers.
🙂
P.s. Finally I didn't buy the car, didn't like the color!
🙁
Nah, just kidding!
🙂

Canon EOS R6 MK1 + RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
1/60s (handheld), F10, 24mm, ISO1600

Attachments

• 9Y3A0105.jpg
    9Y3A0105.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 35
Just revisited an old photo of mine, actually one of the first shots I took with my new EOS R6 MK1 back in November, 2021 of a Ferrari sports car in the showroom through the window when I bought this camera. Re-processed again from RAW today and here it is. Please enjoy, comments are also more than welcome. Cheers.
🙂
🙁
Nah, just kidding!
🙂

Hi Ferenc,

Luscious colour, great depth of detail - and sharpness given the low shutter speed (held against the glass?) - and an achingly beautiful ‘model’ posing very provocatively for you. Great control of the sensor melting reds too. Terrific! :)

P&K

PS. Would love to have this baby rotating on a plinth in our living room (but we’d have to sell the house - and have a big loan - to buy it… 😂).

Hi Ferenc,

Luscious colour, great depth of detail - and sharpness given the low shutter speed (held against the glass?) - and an achingly beautiful ‘model’ posing very provocatively for you. Great control of the sensor melting reds too. Terrific! :)

P&K

PS. Would love to have this baby rotating on a plinth in our living room (but we’d have to sell the house - and have a big loan - to buy it… 😂).
Thanks Phil, camera was absolutely hand held, no holding against the glass, lens IS and camera IBIS worked fine here. I was also amazed how good reds were handled. :)

Thanks Phil, camera was absolutely hand held, no holding against the glass, lens IS and camera IBIS worked fine here. I was also amazed how good reds were handled. :)
Hi Ferenc,

Hand-held - wow! - an even better shot then! :)

Phil

🙂
🙁
Nah, just kidding!
🙂

Another testimony for that lens (which I just bought yesterday... hehe)!

As promised (somewhere on the site - possibly not in this thread... 😅), some images from our recent-ish visit to Snowshill Manor.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Viewpoint and Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop).

You can learn more about Snowshill Manor and Charles Paget Wade by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Snowshill Manor, near Broadway in the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England, was built c.1550.View attachment 15199

2. It was the home of Charles Paget Wade (1883-1956) - an eccentric and avid collector.
View attachment 15200

3. He built up an incredible collection of over 30,000+ ‘things he found interesting’, of which only 30-ish were actually purchased from overseas.
View attachment 15201

4. Many famous people visited Snowshill to meet with Mr Wade and see his collection including - J B Priestley, Virginia Woolf, Graham Greene and Queen Mary.
View attachment 15202

5. Several years before he died, Mr Wade offered Snowshill to the National Trust as a way of safeguarding the future of the manor and garden and Snowshill has been in the care of the National Trust since 1952.
View attachment 15203
Fantatic shots! Thank you for sharing them. I have a thing for old structures from times long past.

St James railway station, Sydney
_RR_5256.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 3200

Fantatic shots! Thank you for sharing them. I have a thing for old structures from times long past.
Hi Walter,

Cheers - much appreciated!

We’re very pleased to hear you enjoyed our images - stay tuned, there’ll be more coming as we move forward… :)

Phil and Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back